Sunday, September 4, 2016

My hands are not made only for hitting a keyboard between 9 and 5. This is something I have realized during the years sitting in the office doing it. Three years ago I visited a kayak-workshop during their opening day. From that day onward I started dreaming of building my own kayak,  which would be perfect therapy for me to be able to hit the keyboard during office hours. So I started the project with reading about kayak building on the web. One of the best sites where I learned a lot is www.thomassondesign.com/en/. I ended ordering the plans for a Black Pearl kayak and started the building project in the garage. I really enjoyed seeing the wood being shaped with my hands and then later to be able to sit in the kayak I have built and paddle around in the beautiful archipelago of southwestern Finland.
This summer I and most of my colleagues got the news that our keybord hitting is not needed anymore. So during the summer I have been thinking a lot of what I would like to do when I grow big. After a lot of thinking I decided that I want to learn more of what has been my hobby the last years. So tomorrow I will start studying wooden boat building in Livia College in Parainen.

This blog will be about my journey into wooden boat building. Welcome and joint the journey and start following my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hoppas det blir en intressant resa, lägg lite bilder också när du kommit så långt.

    ReplyDelete